Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The new "7 minutes in heaven"- mom edition

It's not what "7 minutes in heaven" meant in high school. (Not like I even played it. I was a tad geeky with no interest from boys until 11th grade.)

As a mom, those 7 minutes in heaven give butterflies in my tummy and tears in my eyes for a miriad of reasons.  These moments have been happening a lot lately. Moments where I say to Gage or whisper to Brady, "This is a moment...."

Moments such as,
     * Looking deep into my child's big brown eyes while brushing our teeth together.  Not saying a word. Just staring into each others eyes with him mimicking my toothbrush movements with his own.
      * Watching my child color a picture so carefully, tongue sticking out, a smile creeping across his face periodically.
      * My newborn's babbles. Making no sense, yet complete sense at the same time.
      * Cuddle time with my children. Rocking in a rocking chair in a dimly lit, silent room.  I whisper into their ears, "This is a moment."
      * Cooking with my child. Yes, it may last longer than 7 minutes, but every minute makes a mother's heart swell with joy.
     * My baby's smile. Less than 7 minutes, but lasts a lifetime. I whisper to him, "This is a moment."

My days are filled with these moments and these are what makes this life worth living.   My 7 minutes in heaven that I will cherish as long as I live. What are yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment